Monday, August 31, 2009

Everyone has their moment

Ethan is going through a phase (I hope) of not listening to Mommy. Doesn't seem to matter how I ask or what I say, he will either totaly ignore me or say "NO!" Needless to say, after a few days of this my patience has worn fairly thin.

A few days ago, Ethan was in the shower and I was trying to get him to stand under the water to get his hair wet.

Mommy: Ethan, you need to get your hair wet, please

Ethan (while playing with his rolly soap): In THREE minutes.

Mommy: No, now, please.

Ethan: I need to wash my body first (he's been playing and rolling the soap for 5)

Mommy: Ethan, put down the soap and get your hair wet so I can wash it.

Ethan: I said in a minute.

In walks Daddy

Daddy: Come on buddy, get your hair wet.

Ethan: Ok!

Really? Do you see how frustrating this is??!! I can't win!! After the shower was over, Marc was still in the bathroom. I wrapped Ethan up in a towel and lay down on the floor. Ethan came over and snuggled on top of me, putting his head on my shoulder. Marc looks over and says, “He might listen to me more, but I don’t get that right there.”

So now when he doesn’t listen and I want to yell, I just try to remember those little moments…and they make it all worth it.

No comments: