Friday, July 03, 2009

TGIF and Happy 4th!

Here I sit at work while my boys are at home. Boo. They are spending the day at the pool and going to Chick-a-lay (as Ethan calls it) for lunch. I love how excited he gets about going to Chick-fil-a. His little face light up and he gasps in excitement!! And the funny thing is that now I find myself saying it the way he does.

So they just called me. Ethan told me that he stayed in Daddy's bed until 8:15 and that they were going to mow the lawn. Exciting!!! I love hearing him tell Daddy that he wants to talk to Mommy...my not so little face lights up :)


Last night we went to the pool and there were a ton of people there. We live in a great neighborhood with wonderful neighbors! Ethan has fallen in love with an older woman...Alex is 14 and she is the resident babysitter. The moment she walked through the gate he was following her around the pool. But much to his disliking, she had another little boy with her that she was playing with. It was extremely evident that Ethan was not a happy camper. His finger went into his mouth and he started the great pout of 2009. He would barely even hug her when we left.





As much as I hate to see him upset it was pretty cool to watch him experience a new emotion. His first encounter with jealousy! Alex promised to give him her full attention at the pool today.

No comments: