Thursday, July 23, 2009

July "Stay-cation"


We took our first "stay-cation" this year to spend time with Marc's family when they came into town. We surprised my brother-in-law Mike on Saturday for his 50th birthday. He was under the impression that we were just having a family reunion and I am happy to say that we pulled off the surprise!
I have to say that I felt like a tourist that week! We packed in a LOT in a short amount of time and we even did some things I've never done before. We went to Cleveland to Babyland General (the birthplace of the Cabbage Patch Kid) and Helen for some shopping on Wednesday.



Caught this while we were waiting to see the birth of a cabbage patch doll...



We found a doll names "Ethan Hunter"




Ethan, Jacob, Hunter, Ayden, Casey, and Abby


Me, Ethan, Susan, Ayden, Shelley, and Abby





Then on Thursday we took a trip down to Pine Mountain for an animal safari and then some of the adults enjoyed a relaxing night at the Braves game.








Friday we relaxed and spent some quality time with the family. We always have such a great time when everyone is together. Saturday was party day! We spent the mid afternoon at the hotel pool and then it was off to the party at my in-laws' house.

The kids
Their parents





On Sunday Papa (my Father-in-law) set a stone in the pond in their backyard and let Reece and Ethan "fish." The boys had such a great time with their home-made fishing poles (string and stackable rings tied together). I absolutely love the picture of their backs.









Monday we took a trip to Zoo Atlanta. I tried not to take too many pictures since we were just there a few months ago, but it's hard not to capture the kids...they loved it so much!



Ethan, Reece, Ayden, and Noah





Tuesday we headed out to Stone Mountain in the afternoon to hang out on the lawn and watch the laser show. Reid, Nicole, Ethan, Noah, and I took the Sky Bucket to the top of the mountain and walked around a little. I really wish I had snapped a picture of the Atlanta skyline while I was up there.





Don't fear...Nicole was behind the wall holding Baby Noah up!

Marc and I headed back home on Wednesday evening since we had to work Thursday and Friday. Ethan stayed with Aunt Meme those two days and we came back down to Newnan on Friday night after work. I have to admit...at first the thought of taking time off to stay in town sounded a little silly. But we had such a great time I would absolutely do it again!

No comments: