Monday, October 09, 2006

Making Progress






Well, folks, we are making progress...in more ways than one! The nursery is almost done!! A few decorating touches, and it's finished! We received the new crib parts on Friday and now Ethan has a place to sleep. Marc also installed the curtains this weekend. There are two decorative pieces that don't fit the crib, but at least the rest is done! Now we just need to frame a few pictures and hang them up.

My nesting instinct kicked into high gear last week. Thursday morning I was up at 4:30 am sorting through baby stuff making piles of laundry and trying to figure out just how everything works. So everything is washed and put away...now the closet looks like a closet and not the place where you shove everything away that you don't want people to see when they come over!

Friday I went to the doctor. I am now 2 cm dialated but still 50% effaced. So I've made a little progress. My mom and a few others don't think I'll make it through the week before he's here. One of my coworkers keeps telling me "He's just waiting for his birthday!" I can say that we are ready for him now. The only thing I have left to do is install the car seat base in my car, and we are ready to roll!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bedding looks adorable! Can you believe your tiny little baby will soon be right there in that crib?!--Cindy

Anonymous said...

The crib is adorable, and I love the bedding. I still have the big picture of the moon and stars if you are interested...it would match perfectly. Just let me know. It sounds like you are ready to go...so sit back and relax the next week. It will be the last time you have any control over your life, so ENJOY it now!! I can't wait to hear the news. I have no plans to go anywhere the rest of this month, so I am eagerly awaiting the phone call! Take Care! Love, Mitzi